Feed Music is a not-for-profit organization that aims to ease the financial woe of touring musicians by providing them with complimentary meals from partnered businesses in the hospitality industry.
Artists will use the app and their location settings to find participating restaurants while on tour, who can then check-in and rate the cafe or restaurant, in turn helping them gain traction and expand their own business.
We were lucky enough to have a chat with Pixie Weyand, the brainchild behind Feed Music as she spoke about its conception and development, as well as what fans can do to support Feed Music.
- Can you tell us a little about your personal background in the music industry?
- How did the idea for Feed Music come about? What prompted you to start developing this?
- Last year, you were awarded funding from the UNIFIED grant. What was this application process like and how have you progressed since receiving this funding?
- What ideas do you have to grow and expand Feed Music in the future?
- What can people do to support Feed Music independently?
"Buy our merch for sure! Go to gigs, buy artist merch, support live music!"