27-year-old record collector Corey Hunte was rushed to the ER after being exposed to the sounds of an unkempt record player.
"Some mates and I were gearing up for a listening sesh, but I started to get distracted when I noticed there was some popping and feedback coming through my speakers" claims Hunte. "I don't recall much after that".
Hunte's brother Justin was the first to respond, who originally placed the call for the ambulance. "I noticed something was wrong when he stopped singing along to every line of Kendrick Lamar's 'DNA' - he usually nails that shit".
The culprit was an ill-looked after record stylus - the build-up of dust had caused some fuzziness to the record's sound which the 27-year-old picked up on immediately.
"Corey's really sensitive to that stuff, and it's really scary to watch it happen right in front of you. I don't think people realize how important it is to use a clean needle. He was foaming at the mouth and everything. It's not cool."
The nurse on duty lamented Hunte's condition on arrival: "I wish I could say that this wasn't a common occurrence but more and more people are experimenting with cheap turntables these days. We can't stop people from doing it, but we can push the importance of working with clean equipment. The risk is too great."
While doctors say Hunte's condition isn't critical he is being kept in overnight to be monitored.